We are looking for a qualified candidate to fill the role of Executive Secretary at the Lagos Angel Network Secretariat.
The Lagos Angel Network is an exclusive network of angel investors with capital to invest in the most promising start-ups within the Lagos Area. As Executive Secretary, you will be responsible for the overall leadership of the LAN secretariat and execution of the strategic plan defined by the Board.
- Entrepreneur Identification: Identify and build strategic relationships with local and international institutions that can provide a credible flow of high quality entrepreneurs for screening.
- Technology Management: Co-ordinate the design, rollout and ongoing usage of a simple to use technology platform to support LAN activities. Identify and ensure LAN interface with other leading global technology interfaces for Angel Network Management.
- Event Planning and Execution: Plan and execute pitch sessions, networking events and information sessions. This will involve supervising proper documentation and recording of investor conversations with prospective investees during meetings as well as agreements reached. In addition, you will be required to develop ideas for new high profile events that give LAN the desired visibility locally and internationally
- Due Diligence: Support Angels in managing the critical mentoring and due diligence phases on prospective investments. You will ensure that there is clear communication between all parties and objectives of the process are achieved in a transparent manner. You will also be responsible for interfacing between angels and investors to ensure that appropriate term sheets are executed and investment transactions achieve financial closure
- Post Investment Monitoring: Develop and implement a technology enabled framework to ensure investee companies provide the required post investment information in a timely manner.
- Communication and Public Relations: Produce and distribute monthly electronic newsletter and periodic materials that will be of interest to Angels. Ensure strategic visibility of LAN in the media via interviews, features and news releases.
- Financial Management: Keep record of the organization’s income and expenses. Support the process of securing additional sponsors for the organization.
- Sector Analysis: Identify the most attractive emerging investment areas by undertaking research on identified sectors. Perform market analysis to identify what sectors are hot and scan the market for potential investees in these areas.
- Administrative: Perform general administrative responsibilities such as coordinating member communications, following-up after prospective recruits and supporting the angel recruitment and pipeline development process.
Experience, Education and Training
The ideal candidate will be highly analytical; detail oriented and possesses a strong interest in technology and SME investing. A good understanding of finance and a strong interest in promoting entrepreneurship and innovation in Nigeria is also required.
A minimum of 6-8 years of relevant experience is required.
This is a full time position
Qualified candidates should send in their resumes (as a PDF attachment) to firstname.lastname@example.org not later 2 weeks from the date of publication via email. No other format of application will be accepted.
All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.